top of page
  • Jackson Wise

You crash a Uhaul...what happens next?

You rent a uhaul.

Pack up your life

And you move to a new home.

What happens if you get into a car accident in that big thing, and all of your stuff gets destroyed on the road?

Come to think of it, what insurance protects your valuable anyways?

Well, typically your homeowners insurance protects all of your valuables no matter where you are.

Example: you have your favorite pair of earrings covered on your insurance policy, and you wear them to a big event. On your way home, you get robbed and they take your earrings. You claim them through your insurance and you get them back! Pretty typical use for homeowners insurance.

BUT is it the same when you have all of your stuff in a vehicle heading to a new state?

The real answer-it depends on the company.

The bummer part of this post is you need to ask YOUR personal insurance company if they cover that.

If they do, great.

and make sure it's 100%. Many will only cover a partial amount.

If not, you'll have to get what we call and "Inland Marine" policy.

This just protects your valuables for a specific period of time while transporting them.

They should be fairly inexpensive depending on how much stuff you have, but it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Now with the uhaul itself. Hopefully you purchased their temporary insurance policy. If not, you could be out of luck.

20 views0 comments
bottom of page